Jargon PR Celebrates 13th Anniversary with Record Growth
Jargon PR, part of The Jargon Group, has this week celebrated its thirteenth anniversary while also reporting record growth with revenue for the first six-months of FY 22-23 exceeding £1,500,000. The agency expects annual fees to surpass £3million this financial year.
Growth has been driven by a series of new client wins which include the flagship tech event for the North of England Manchester Tech Week, enterprise retail solutions specialist Teamwork Commerce and fu3e., a leader in adaptive management reporting software.
Supporting this growth has been the diversification of office locations throughout the UK including offices in Cardiff, Manchester, Reading and London. At the same time, the agency has invested in its international model by opening a series of offices including Jargon PR MENA in Dubai led by the former Markettiers4DC Managing Director Cheryl King and a US office in New York led by PR veteran Vivian Kelly.
Kevin Winfield, Associate Director at Jargon PR said, ‘I’m excited to be leading Jargon PR into its next phase of growth. We have an incredible client base and an outstanding team at the agency today.’
As the agency has grown, Jargon PR has continued to put CSR at the heart of its strategy through a strategic partnership with Ecologi. Since June 2021, Jargon PR has planted over 4,100 trees and taken over 340 tonnes of co2 out of the atmosphere. The Company’s longer-term ambition remains to become B Corporation certified.
Investment in people continues at pace, in the first six-months of FY 22-23 the Company has appointed former Magicard CMO Simon Craddock as its first CMO along with its first Head of Talent Miranda Warmington and a Head of Crisis Communications, former investigative journalist Amanda Evans all adding further strength and depth to the Jargon Group.
The Jargon Group
Simultaneously the Group has also invested in its finance teams and processes, recently appointing top-15 national practice Haines Watts as its retained chartered accountants. The Company expects to make additional investments in its Finance team as the agency continues to expand through organic and acquisition lead growth internationally.
Growth through acquisition has been part of Jargon Group’s accelerated growth strategy to provide geographical and sector specific specialism for its international clients. In the past two years the agency has made three acquisitions including Cardiff communications agency Vantage Marketing (Nov, 2020) and Manchester-based Souter PR (July, 2021) which have driven growth in Wales and the North West of England respectively.
In October 2021 Jargon Group acquired Glohouse Media with its portfolio of clients in the processing, packaging and industrial automation markets. GloHouse continues to provide clients in this global market with sector specialist insight and communications capabilities based around world-class content, communications strategy, multimedia communications, social media and lead-generation services.
Commenting on the first six-months of FY 22-23, Simon Corbett, Jargon Group founder and CEO said, “The past few years have been hugely successful for the agency as we continue to focus on organic growth and maximising value from our existing client base. Record new business performance continues and client and team retention remains strong.
“The business is focused on a three-year growth strategy which has included a series of strategic acquisitions. Despite the economic challenges facing the economy, client demand for digital PR and communications services continues to grow and Jargon is well set to benefit from this demand.’’
Since the start of 2022, Jargon PR’s momentum has been recognised and acknowledged by the following industry awards and accreditations:
- UK Digital PR Awards 2022, Digital PR Agency of the Year (Small) Finalist
- PR Moment Awards 2022, B2B Agency of the Year
- PR Moment Awards 2022, Technology Agency of the Year, Finalist
- PRCA Digital Awards 2022, Digital PR & Communications Agency of the Year, Finalist
- PRCA Digital Awards 2022, Simon Corbett – Outstanding Contribution Award
- PRCA Workplace Champions 2022, Small Agency Award, Finalist
- Company Culture Awards 2022, Working Environment Award, Finalist
- Company Culture Awards 2022, Next Generation Initiative, Finalist
- Company Culture Award 2022, Employee Development Plan, Winner
- CIPR Excellence Awards 2022, PR Consultancy of the Year, Finalist
- PRCA Dare Awards 2022, Medium Consultancy of the Year, Finalist
- Prolific North Champions Awards 2022, PR Agency of the Year, Finalist
- Global Agency Awards 2022, B2B Agency of the Year
- Global Agency Awards 2022, Independent Agency of the Year
- Global Agency Awards 2022,PR Agency of Year
- Global Agency Awards 2022,Best Small Agency of the Year, Finalist
- PRCA Platinum Awards 2022, Medium Consultancy Award, Winner
- UK Agency Awards 2022, B2B Agency of the Year and PR Agency of the Year, Finalist
- PRCA PR Internship Awards, Best Internship programme, Finalist
- PCR Awards, Best Marketing and PR Agency, Finalist
- Prolific North Marketing Awards 2022, Tech PR Agency of the Year, Finalist
- PRCA CMS Accreditation Achieved & Awarded – Second Year in a row
- Investors in People, ‘We Invest In Wellbeing’, Silver Accreditation Awarded
- The Drum Independent Agency Census, Top agencies with under 25 staff, ranked 3rd
- Ranked 69th in the B2B Marketing UK Agency Benchmarking Report for 2022
- Ranked 26th in the PR Week B2B Agency Rankings